Thoughts on Death & Taxes
What I don’t think the rich (and those who support them) truly understand is that we, the 99%, don’t want to punish them for being rich.
We don’t want to take away what they’ve earned, or ultimately change their way of life. Ultimately all we want, at the most basic level, is to die at a comfortable age amongst our family and know that they are taken care of. In my heart of hearts I think that’s all the 1% really want out of life too.
Really that lies at the crux of why universal health care is so damn important. Why we’re fighting so hard to give everyone that simple opportunity (or the best opportunity possible) to die reasonably happy.
- youmakenosensewhatsoever reblogged this from joegressivism
- stabbygrass reblogged this from joegressivism
- stabbygrass likes this
- lisztaffe likes this
- twentysomethingfloater likes this
- miniaturebee likes this
- truth-has-a-liberal-bias likes this
- uruzchan likes this
- aspiringhermit reblogged this from joegressivism
- etheric-nomad likes this
- iamnineonefour reblogged this from joegressivism
- opulate likes this
- welpyeah likes this
- hashley00 likes this
- catgirlluna likes this
- stopthattimerave likes this
- joegressivism posted this